Pet Laser Therapy
A non-invasive holistic treatment.
What is Laser Therapy?
Proven non-surgical, drug free solution, which uses light to accelerate the body’s natural healing processes. Laser Therapy can help in many cases by promoting healing ad reducing inflammation and pain. Therapeutic laser has been incorporated into treatments that address diverse conditions including:
- Skin wounds
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Trigger points
- Lick granuloma
- Muscle injuries
- Nerve system injury and neurologic conditions
- Post-operative incisions and tissues
What to Expect During a Dog Laser Therapy Session?
Treatments are performed by your Veterinarian and Technician at Independence Small Animal Clinic. Therapy will provide a warm, soothing sensation that many pets enjoy. Often when relaxed, they fall asleep. Your pet will lie on a padded bed/ blanket on a table or floor. The doctor will use a handheld device, with the animal simply reclining. The dog and people in the room must wear goggles to protect their eyes while the laser is in use. Length of a single laser treatment depends on the power density of the laser unit but is usually under 2-5 minutes per site.
How Laser Therapy Works?
- Increases localized micro circulation: brings more blood to the affected area.
- Enhances Tissue Oxygenation: gets more oxygen out of the blood and into the cells that need it.
- Promotes Cellular Metabolism: forces cells to produce more energy.
- Laser Therapy reduces pain and inflammation and promotes the healing of many tissues in the body, including skin, ears, gums, muscle and tendons.
How Many Treatments Are Needed?
Your Veterinarian’s diagnosis will determine the exact number of treatments needed.
Independence Small Animal Clinic wants to reduce your pets’ pain and speeding healing is important to you and a priority for our team.
Is It Expensive?
When you compare to other treatments, medication options and invasive procedures, laser therapy is a cost effective alternative.
If you think laser therapy could improve your dog’s quality of life, give us a call at (940) 668-8282 to schedule a consultation.